Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby Bath Time

Last night we had what I would call our first bath time success. We have had many baths before this, but I think we had a real breakthrough last night. And sadly, I think I was making bath time miserable for Scarlett until last night. I didn't realize that the stopper was open, and so all the water was draining out each time we bathed her, so I would just use a cup to keep pouring warm water all over her, thinking this is what you were supposed to do! Parenting fail! Once I stopped up the tub, and filled it up, she happily splashed around in that warm water like she was at Disneyland! And then daddy bundled her up to race her to her changing table and I captured this gem...

Oh, and she slept last night, she finally SLEPT! She had an almost 6 hour block of sleep from about 9pm - 3am, and I think I heard angels singing when I woke up and saw the clock. And then to ice the cake, she slept again until 6 am, with nothing but a diaper change at 4:30. Just when I thought I might suffer long term neurological damage from sleep deprivation, she really pulled through :)

No comments: