Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let There Be Light! Almost...

The other day my mom called and said to check out this website that carried these new state-of-the art lamps, something she most likely saw on HSN (more on this later), and to tell her which ones I liked so she could order them for us for Christmas. Lamps. For Christmas. I guess you know you are married when your gifts shift from make-up and clothes, to lamps. (Ha! Just teasing mama!)

But we could use a little light on the subject... Two real estate agents that have been here both said we have got to add some great lighting to entice buyers. A few years ago, my parents came to visit, and almost every one of the light bulbs in the condo was burnt out. It was rather embarrassing, and my parents still kid me about it. So when my mom saw these new lamps, she decided we should give them a try, and today they arrived. The style selection is fairly limited, they are more function than fashion, but they are pretty "classic lamp" looking. The cool part is that they use a special light bulb that can last up to 3 years and they use about 1/2 the amount of energy as other lighting sources. Very cool! The only problem was that in addition to the super-fancy bulb, they also require two 25-watt bulbs, which they say add a soft ambient glow, which I do not have right now. And you can't turn it on with empty sockets, so until I get the other to bulbs, the darkness will remain.

I am really excited to see how well they work, my family has been known to believe a little to easily in good advertising. When I was growing up we were proud owners of many infomercial devices, including, but not limited to: juicers, sandwich makers, food dehydrators and rotisserie contraptions. I am pretty sure that we kept Ron Popeil in business for a short while.

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I heart you so for your Ron Popeil reference. "Set it, and forget it!"

Nanette said...

Cute lamp!