Friday, November 16, 2007

Fancy, Shmancy...

My husband has a rather strange nickname for me. I will not divulge this nickname, because I shared it with my sisters and best friends (all bridesmaids) as we were waiting for the ceremony of my wedding to start, and they were all painfully mortified for me. Seriously, I told them, and there were crickets. It is just a weird made up word that somehow over the years has morphed into something really strange, and not that I think you would judge, I just don't want to put you in the position to have to. So when my husband re-entered the entertainment industry last summer, and he would come home to talk about all these high-fluting things, I came up with a little nickname for him, I call him Shmance. And he hates it! Ahhh, revenge :) So now when we go to one of these industry type dinners, I refer to us as the Shmancersons. (The irony is that we are so not fancy-shmancy at all!) I know, we are like 2-year-olds, but it's fun!

So the Shmancersons went out to a big fancy event last night, and it was actually not the typical snooze that these things can become. It was actually a very entertaining evening! When we sat down at our table, I sat in aww as the tables immediately surrounding us filled with the entire cast of one of my favorite t.v. shows, "The Office"! I kid you not, I was starring at a table with Meredith, Creed, Kevin, Kelly, Ryan, Andy Bernard, Toby, Jan and of course, Michael Scott! No Jim or Pam (boo) I kind of wanted to switch our seats and sit at their table! I so wanted to pull out my camera, but my husband was shooting me "don't you dare" glares as we were sitting with two of the big partners of his firm, and that would probably not have gone over too well. I don't really tend to get starstruck, I worked in the entertainment industry for many years, but I still love seeing the characters I love on TV/in movies in real life. Well, I may get a little starstruck if I saw Michael Buble... but that is another post.

Ohhhh, which reminds me, I have sort of a funny story about Toby from the office. I am pretty sure he thinks I am his stalker! I saw him in my neighborhood like 3 times in one week, totally by some strange coincidence, and the third time, I think he was on to me. He gave me a really strange look, and I think I may have looked a little guilty because I was so shocked that I was actually seeing him for the 3rd time that week! Haha.

The coolest part of the evening was knowing that they raised a ton of money for the Cedars-Sinai Hospital's Cancer Research efforts. They auctioned off a Lexus, and raised over $500,000 on that item ALONE! Very cool!

So, no pictures of the Shmancersons, but here is a picture of the swag! A very classy deck of Tiffany playing cards. And now that we have Tiffany playing cards, we officially live up to our name ;)

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I love the Schmancersons! You know, Nanners is going to die when she reads this post. She is a huge The Office fan!

Nanette said...

*Gasp!* WeeMo is RIGHT! I looove The Office! (Check this out: http://nannersp.blogspot.com/2007/03/best-day-ever.html)

Sounds like you had a Schmashing ;) tme!

dapotato said...

schmany schwag indeed!

you and your hubs are too cute, with the nicknames.

Sarah said...

The hubs and I also have nicknames that have morphed over the years to things too embarassing to name.

That is SO cool about The Office cast!