Monday, November 19, 2007

The Mysterious White Gummi Bear...

A few months back I saw a news story about the "secret menus" of nationwide food chains, and besides the obvious In-n-Out "animal style" burgers, they mentioned a Jamba Juice flavor that supposedly tasted like White Gummi Bears, although it is not on their regular menu. So this weekend when my husband mentioned on Saturday morning he wanted a Jamba Juice, I found it a perfect opportunity to see if I could track down the elusive White Gummi Bear at our local Jamba Juice. When it came our turn to order, I looked at the guy, and said "Ill have a White Gummi Bear please" and low and behold he didn't look at me like I had horns, instead, he rung up our order simple as that. My husband had been convincing me the whole walk over that they would laugh in my face, and I would look like a fool, but no! I googled it and evidently the flavor was created by a Jamba Juice employee in San Jose a few years back. It is basically a mixture of all flavors of their sherbet, mangos and soy milk (although I subbed non-fat fro-yo because soy milk creeps me out). It is SO YUMMI GUMMI! I bet it is not on the menu because it is probably entirely sugar, and sooo bad for you. But the way I ration it, it can't be worse for you than a milkshake, so I can have it as a treat. (shhhhh - i actually had another one on Sunday morning, I couldn't help myself, it was that good!)

6 comments:

GoodLove said...

Soy milk isn't that bad. I am shocked that a glutenite like you would hate on the lactose- challenged. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

weezermonkey said...

This hilarious and super cool at the same time! :)

Nanette said...

Yeah, I've heard about the secret menu but I don't frequent Jamba Juice as much as I used to so I haven't had a chance to try them. The one you had sounds amazing, though. :)

dapotato said...

white is my favorite flavor of gummi bear. i may have to try this.

Sarah said...

My friend is a bartender and has served me something called a white gummi bear. I have no idea what's in it but it tastes exactly like it too.

amber said...

i've never heard of this! and now i have to try it.... ;)