Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap...

We are back from our trip to Portland to visit my husbands family for Thanksgiving. We had such a nice time, some good laughs and great food. My mother in law, Lori, cooked everything and hosted about 14 people at their home. She is a great chef, and she definitely taught me a few new cooking tricks.

While we were finishing up all of the last minute food preparations in the kitchen, I looked over at Lori who opened up the oven door to flames! The sweet potatoes were on fire! We had put the marshmallows on at the last minute, you all know the drill, but we forgot about them. I was seriously looking for a fire extinguisher.

Oooops......
After we put out the flames, we scrapped off the char, added a fresh layer of marshmallows, and kept a closer eye on it (although we did almost forget about it again!).

My brave and handsome husband carved the turkey, and shocked everyone with his mad carving skills (which were a lot better than his pumpkin carving skills).

We also saw 3 movies over the long weekend. BeoWulf, Enchanted & American Gangster. I really enjoyed all three. BeoWulf was great because we saw it in 3-D I-Max, I think it would have been less cool on a normal screen. Enchanted, well, we ended up at this movie because No Country for Old Men was sold out, but I actually thought it was pretty cute, for a children's movie. And American Gangster, I think Russell Crow is one of the best actors, and Denzel is almost always great (see Deja Vu). But it was nice to go to the movies, we get so busy that most of them come and go before we can get to the theaters to see them. We never saw Ocean's 13 (wha?!).

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

They look like lumps of coal! So funny! :D

Nanette said...

Awww, fun Thanksgiving! I saw Beowulf in 3D (no Imax) and I agree that it was awesome in 3D.

Sarah said...

Sad sweet potatoes. I thought they looked like coal as well