Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2 months!

Today Scarlett had her 2 month visit to the doctor, which I have been dreading because this is the start of her shots, but Scarlett had other plans. Because she has a little cold, the pediatrician advised that we wait until she is feeling better, phew. But we can't put them off forever, we have to go back next week to get them. I believe in vaccinations, I do, but they still make me really nervous.

Age: 9 weeks, 1 day
Weight: 11 lbs 4 oz
Height: 23 inches

The doctor said that based on my height, 5'2" and my husbands, 6' he estimates (and he was sure to specify that it is ONLY an estimate) she would be anywhere from 5'4" - 5'7". But most likely she would be right around 5'4". I would love to know what my estimates were when I was her age, it will be fun one day to share this with her.

Despite her little cold, she slept through the night again last night, she must need the sleep, poor thing. I on the other hand was up throughout the night making sure she was still breathing! I was so shocked at how soundly she was sleeping given that she had been SO congested all day. I am generally really nervous every night we go to bed, getting up at various time to watch her chest rise and fall. Everything I have heard and read tell me that SIDS is such a serious risk, and the worrying has been making me crazy lately, especially as we enter into the 2-4 month range. I spoke with her pedi about today and he assured me that riding in a car to the appointment was greater risk than her SIDS risk (of course given that she sleeps on her back, in her crib, no stuffed animals, etc). I just feel like new mothers are instilled with this crazy fear that keeps us up at night, even as our children sleep soundly, right next to us. Hopefully I will sleep a little easier tonight, provided Scarlett is still down to ;)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
California Girl said...

Two months already - wow - time flies! She looks beautiful. I agree, it's so scary when they're so small... you'll feel SO much better when she's able to turn over on her own. You're doing a great job, mama!